Monday, April 30, 2012

Florida!

So I spent a long weekend in Florida, and I thought I'd share it with you.  Hopefully in an amusing way,  not in a rubbing-your-face-in-my-vacation way.

Arrived on Friday.  Just in time for some lovely sunshine and a gorgeous sunset.

This was the beach.  Beautiful sugar sand and clear water.

Next on the schedule was drinking an adult beverage at the bar on the deck.

Lovely Drink!
Why is the rum always gone? :(
Sadly, Friday was the best weather of the weekend. But I wasn't going to let that stop me.  I am mesmerized by the ocean.  I was content to stare at it and think for hours on end - no exaggeration. 

It was overcast on Saturday, but I stayed out until the thunderstorms closed down the beach.

This view was from the restaurant we escaped to after the storms rolled in.


I discovered that I really like Shrimp & Grits, which (if you can't tell) is a very southern dish.  It's also one of those things that everyone seems to make slightly differently.  The version I had was sort of a shrimp & sausage stew on top of some cheesy grits.  

Yummy!  Going to have to figure out how to make a this without sausage.

Sunday was very sunny - but terrifically windy.  No umbrellas.  Like I cared.  I sat on my beach chair, ignoring the sand blowing around, chasing after my hat - and shoes - a couple of times.  And staring at the hypnotic waves.

One of the friends I made on Sunday.
So of course, on Monday, as we got ready to leave, the weather was perfect.  Still a bit windy, but gorgeous.

Perfect Monday.  Sigh.

I did not want to leave at all, but alas I have neither unlimited vacation days nor money, so I had to return home.  I hope to return again someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment