Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So what's with this blog's title?

Evil Genius Thinktank?

Well, I get called "evil" a lot.  Not in a bad, trying-to-take-over-the-world way.  But in a you're-encouraging-me-to-misbehave, mischievous way.  Sort of "evil-like" if you will.

The genius part?  Well, yes, I am intelligent, no lie.  But it's more the sum of the parts.

In one of my many delusions of grandeur, I thought "wouldn't it be fun to have a thinktank?"  I mean, if you had all the money in the world, after you've traveled and bought a house and a Bugatti Veyron (sigh...now I know it's a pipe dream), what would be happier than to be able to afford to hire your friends for some sort of fun work?  Then they would be around, and you could all spend the day doing things like playing games or dreaming up strategies to, I don't know, allow the empire to win in Star Wars.  What would I call such an enterprise?  Evil Genius Thinktank.  You have needs; we have masterminds.

Well, surprisingly, I do not have all the money in the world.  So I can't afford to create such a company.  But I can create a blog!  And so it has begun. 

Did I just hear an evil laugh echo down the hall?  Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. That was me you heard laughing, one of the "masterminds" you'd hire when you're a multi-millionaire and all. I can't help it. The thoughts of us taking over the world...I mean...running a legit business to help people "with needs" feels me with aw. Evil meniacle (spelling?) aw.

    ReplyDelete