Friday, June 8, 2012

Sleep FTW


You know how some people fall asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow?  I’ve never been one of those people.

It takes me a long time to fall asleep.  Often I read myself to sleep, occasionally falling asleep with the light on and a book in my hand.

But about a month ago, I had a light bulb moment.



I love my Kindle fire.  And it plays music.

I searched on Amazon, and found a few meditation tracks that I can play on my kindle and fall asleep to.  It’s incredibly helpful!

After buying a couple of “help falling asleep” individual tracks, I bought a full album.

If you have a full album of material, you can just hit play and nod off.  The Kindle enters sleep mode after a few minutes, so it’s not using a ton of electricity.  And when the album is done, it stops playing.

I also bought a “white noise” album – the kind of thing you’d hear at a spa.  My cats aren’t fond of the rain tracks, but it works well too.

Audio books could probably also be used in this way, though I think I’d get caught up in the story and not fall asleep.

One more win for the Kindle team!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same camp as you. It's hard for me to fall asleep. Chris? Anywhere, anytime. Seriously.

    I usually use him as my living kindle to read me to sleep, but when he's not available I'll use my ipad to play netflix videos - mostly historical documentaries about Buddha. :)

    I'm glad you found something that helps you get to sleep easier.

    ReplyDelete