Friday, April 4, 2014

Hot for Tesla

Obligatory yeah I haven't posted in a while and really thought I might never post again but what the hell let's do this comment.


I have the hots for Tesla.  Not the band or the inventor (though he's pretty cool), but the car company.

Hello, Lover

America has generated some boutique car manufacturers over the years, but it's been many decades since a fully-fledged automobile company has successfully started here.  That's where Tesla comes in.

Firstly, I think Elon Musk is one of the brightest people living today.  Made a fortune in Silicon Valley, decided to start a car company and a commercial space transport company.  What's not to like here?

But back to the cars ... this is quite simply proof that electric cars can be sexy.  This, people, is how you get consumers to want to buy electric cars.  Sex them up.  I mean, who wouldn't want that in their driveway? 

Yeah, they have limited ranges (a few hundred miles per charge) and are a bit pricy ($100k) ... but they are taking the car industry by storm.  And if you have that kind of money to spend on a car, you likely have enough to afford two cars -- making the Tesla great for in-city driving, while still having another vehicle for long trips.

Plus, Tesla is building a solar-powered charging station network across the US -- which Musk pointed out would mean the cars would still work in the event of a zombie apocalypse.  

If I had $100,000 to spend on a car, this is the point at which I'd say "shut up and take my money."  But I don't.  So instead I will look at pictures and drool.



No comments:

Post a Comment