Friday, July 29, 2011

Star Wars MMO excitement threshold

I have an obsessive personality.  Is that a real term?  No clue, other than possibly being something under the OCD umbrella of issues  (I have those moments, too).  But if I encounter something I like, something that speaks to me, my brain is like a kitten on its back holding a ball of yarn in all four paws on an endless supply of catnip.  I love to take ideas and play with them, and basically over-analyze things.

So, when I tell you that I’m a Bioware Fangirl, I don’t mean “oh yeah, I like those games that Bioware makes.”  I mean “I’ve replayed Mass Effect 2 more times than any other game I own, including board games.”  Or “I’ve replayed Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 and made the exact same role-playing choices, just to experience the game again.”   Or “I can’t wait for Mass Effect 3 to come out.”  Or ... well, I’ll have a lot more to say about Mass Effect in a later post.  :)

But right now, I’m a frenzy of anticipation about Star Wars: The Old Republic, a Bioware-created MMO in the Star Wars universe.  I’ve played both Knights of the Old Republic games, and they were fantastic. 

Bioware keeps teasing the world by revealing bits and pieces of their work, and all of it is great quality.  But now it’s gotten to a point where I have hit my threshold of excitement.  I literally could not be more excited about this game.  I’m done.  Every Friday when new info is released, all I think is “yeah, that’s great.  When do we actually get to play?”   I’ve pre-ordered the game.  I’ve figured out what I want to play (at least at first).  I am part of a guild.  I've watched the videos from E3.  I've watched the videos from Comic-Con.  

Bioware, seriously, when do we actually get to play?  "Holiday 2011" is just too vague for my hyped up brain to handle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you. I've struggled with waiting for this game since 2008. I'm not entirely sure if I can stomach any more time delays of teases.

    And I had to put a stop to playing Mass Effect 1 and 2 after the 5th run through...

    ReplyDelete